Friday, August 9, 2013

Early morning sendoff oatmeal (Gluten and Dairy Free)

We've had family visiting us for the last week. They are planning to leave early tomorrow morning at 5am, or so they say ;) So I'm planning to feed them a warm breakfast before they go, but that is too early to even think so out comes the trusty crockpot!
Ingredients
2 apples cored and chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar (or more to taste)
1 tsp cinnamon or 1 drop of Cinnamon Essential Oil
1dash of salt
3 cups gluten free rolled oats
3 cups coconut milk
3 cups water
Directions
Place the ingredients in your crockpot in the order listed.
Don't stir.
Set to cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.

The plan is;
Wake up.
Gobble it up.
I'll let you know how it goes.


8-11-13 update
It was way to early in the morning to remember to take a photo of the finished dish.
It was quite mushy and I personally like my oatmeal sweeter, but 6 out of 8 ate it and survived to tell the tale.
The bottom stuck and burnt a bit, but that was my fault, I should have used my other crockpot that actually has a High & Low setting, and maybe grease the bottom with either butter or coconut oil and cook it for 6-7 hours instead.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me want to go to sleep now so tomorrow morning comes faster, except I don't want to leave!

    ReplyDelete