Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Grain free secret ingredient brownies (gluten free, dairy free, grain free)

I've been a little busy with work and with family visiting from out of state. I've made lots of (I hope) yummy food but there's been no time to blog. Today I wanted to whip up a quick dessert and remembered seeing a recipe for black bean brownies.  Here's my version.

2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
2 ripe mashed bananas
2 tsp vanilla

optional
nuts, butterscotch chips or chocolate chips

Directions
Grease a baking dish with butter
In a high powered blender puree all of the ingredients until smooth.
Add optional chips or nuts
Pour batter into dish
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
They are done when the top is dry
and slightly cracked and the edges have pulled away from
the sides of the dish.

I didn't have any chocolate chips to mix in so after I cooked this I went to the store and got some butterscotch chips. I sprinkled about half a cup on top of the still warm brownies in the pan and stick the whole thing in the microwave for 90 seconds. I spread the butterscotch goo all over and then cut them into squares.
Yum!

Nobody could guess
the secret ingredient and they were declared delicious both at home and art work. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment