Wednesday, February 13, 2013

40 Lent Challenge

Instead of giving something up, I am adding something.  I like that better.

(I'm still giving something up, but is not as hard as it could be and my body and my wallet are definitely benefiting.  It might come as a shocker, but I am giving up Dutch Bros. for lent.  It helps that I only drive past it on my way to or from work. Wait, that's 6 to 8 times a week, that's more than I though, but anyway, so far  5 days into it and I'm doing goood.)  Silly, I know.

Back to what I added.  It is a stretch for me because of that whole habits thing, and doing something consistently for 40 days, (heck look at this blog, when was the last time I wrote... don't answer that.  Let's just say I am the spontaneous sporadic type).

40 day photo challenge

I've never done one of these and it seemed challenging enough. I'm not Methodist, although some in my family are, but I like expressing through art and photos and words the changes that happen when we contemplate and seek and pray, so "rethink church" seems absolutely right up my alley.

Day one was a piece of cake.  I'm not going to say I cheated but I kinda did and I didn't take the picture myself.  Shocking! I know.  It's one of those I've seen quite a few times, but every time I see it it speaks to me, so I tried to trace the original to be able to give credit to whomever took it, but my searches would end on pinterest and tumbler.  so, whomever took this photo and added these words, well done!  the express truth, and i like that.  Without further adieu;


1st day 1st words: I am
Loaded 2 words
#Iam #Lent #rethinkchurch #truelove #twuewov 

This is God's name: "I am".  Given to Him by Himself.

So of course, who I am depends on I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment