Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 8 Evil

I read today's word and audibly went "ugh!" without even thinking.
I don't want to take a photo of anything evil.  I want everything to be sunshine and rainbows. I crave beauty and go out of my way to avoid ugly.  I think Beauty has to be created intentionally, whereas ugly and messy happens easily, too easily.
I imagine pure blackness and the absence of light when I think of evil. I think of evil in terms of opposites; evil is the opposite of holy,  the opposite of good and perfect, the opposite of order and light.  The opposite of love and peace.  Evil is the opposite of God, the absence of God. Evil is death.
Even if I try to avoid it,  I am aware of evil every day.  I believe it exists. I see it, most of the time,  I don't have to look far.
To me there's obvious evil; any action that hurts anything created by God on purpose or by neglect is evil.
Abortion, abuse, slavery, oppression,...
http://bible.us/116/psa82.3-4.nlt
“Give justice to the poor and the orphan; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute. Rescue the poor and helpless; deliver them from the grasp of evil people." Psalms 82:3-4
And, there's also unseen evil.  A cosmic spiritual battle raging on since forever ago.  Stuff I can't even begin to understand. Epic disputes between good and evil that affect us people in ways someday we will be able to clearly discern. But for now all I need to know is who wins. Who is on my side.  Who fought for me and already won.
"I know who goes before me,  I know who stands behind.  The God of angel armies is always by my side."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkImV2cJDg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment