Friday, February 22, 2013

Days 10 &11

day 10: Spirit

A last minute acupuncture appointment that I put off making for the last 2 months had me driving back home right at sunset. I caught glimpses of the bright orange light on the top of the tall trees in front of me and the sky in my rear view mirror. I couldn't quite see the sun setting but the beauty it was making all around me was impossible to ignore. This is the same route I drive every time to and from work, but this day because of the angle of the light, it was breathtaking. I actually stopped and went down a side street to get a better direct view of the setting sun before it was too late and it was gone. The simple light filtering through trees made it magical.

I could have missed all this beauty if I wasn't looking and wasn't willing to slow down and let it speak to me. How many times does this happen with the Holy Spirit whispering to me? Slow down. look. See. listen. this is special. don't miss it.


Don't you see Him and feel Him everywhere? 

John 14:15-17 NLT
“If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.

#day10 #spirit #40daysphotochallenge #rethinkchurch 






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 11: Live

To truly live we must make peace with death and not fear it but actually look forward to it. Live this life like its your only one but keep your eyes fixed on eternity.

"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. 
So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God,
 who loved me and gave himself for me."Galatians 2:20 NLT

I took this photo is the last time I saw the young adventurous young man that is my son. We took him to the airport not knowing when we will see him in person again. He is out there living out his faith as best he knows, and learning, and getting to know people, and having a blast. He is full of the gospel and has nothing but trust in God to direct his steps and open doors for him.

It's only been seven weeks, but it seems like forever ago when we last hugged him. When his schooling is over in three more weeks he plans to go from Germany to Romania for 2 months, and then hopefully to Amsterdam for God only knows how long. I can think of nothing better he could be doing with his life, than living it for His Savior.

#live #day11 #40daysphotochallenge #rethinkchurch #YOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment